Publication in the Diário da República: RCC 21/12/2010 [DR. 4926/2011 21.03.2011]
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
The aim of this course is to promote learning through practical experience, provide the students with skills that will enable them to use the theoretical tools to prepare and evaluate a business project.
1. Concepts of management and healthcare management
2. Management in times of crisis
3. An approach to management reality through audit: a case study
4. Hospital management models
5. Primary care management models
6. ACES and ULS: integration versus autonmy
7. Private healthcare management
8. The Balanced Scorecard as a supporting tool for healthcare management
Preparation of a written essay including presentation and peer questioning worth.
- Campos, L. (2009). Governação dos Hospitais. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Casa Das Letras
- Pita Barros, P. (2013). Economia da Saude. Lisboa: Almedina
Case study analysis.
Software used in class