Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7795/2021 - 09/08/2021
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 56,0 TP
- Carlos Filipe Perquilhas Baptista
1. Acquisition of knowledge in Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry mathematical areas.
2. Provide students with several algebraic tools that are necessary for modeling and solving problems related to engineering.
3. Development of logical, analytical and critical reasoning thinking skills.
I. Complex numbers;
II. Matrices and Systems of Linear Equations;
IV. Vetor Spaces;
V. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors;
VI. Analytic Geometry.
Continuous assessment: two written tests without consultation, each one graded to 10 points, and a minimum score of 3 grade points in each test.
Exam assessment: one written test without consultation, graded to 20 values, including all syllabus contents.
- Fernandes, V. e Giraldes, E. e Smith, P. (1997). Curso de Álgebra Linear e Geometria Analítica. (pp. 1-376). Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
- Ferreira, M. e Amaral, I. (2008). Álgebra Linear: Matrizes e Determinantes. (Vol. 1º). (pp. 1-240). Portugal: Edições Sílabo
- Ferreira, M. e Amaral, I. (2009). Álgebra Linear: Espaços Vetoriais e Geometria Analítica. (Vol. 2º). (pp. 1-160). Portugal: Edições Sílabo
- Leon, S. (2010). Linear Algebra with Applications. (pp. 1-552). USA: Pearson
Theoretical-practical lectures, with presentation and illustration of the syllabus contents.
Software used in class