Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 10766/2011 - 30/08/2011
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 T + 42,0 PL + 5,0 OT
- Carlos Alberto Farinha Ferreira
Acquisition of knowledge about: mechanical systems, as well as circuits and components used in power electronics; operation of industrial converters; understanding and ability to design and maintain command/control solutions for electromechanical systems.
- Introduction: Historical view of the evolution of electromechanical drives. Power electronics versus linear electronics. Background and areas involved: power electronics, control, electrical machines, mechanical systems.
- Mechanical systems: Models of mechanical systems: Fundamental law of dynamics, viscous friction, turbulence friction, static friction, backlash, elasticity. Characterization of some types of loads and corresponding equations. Organs for transmission and adaptation of movements, reducers, belts, chains, brakes, etc. Determination of mechanical parameters of a drive. Service requirements of electromechanical drives.
- Power electronics circuits and components: Triacs, transistors and diodes, inductors and capacitors, technologies, characteristics and operating principle. AC-DC, DC-AC, DC-DC and AC-AC converters, operating principle, topologies, dimensioning, command and control. EMI, layout and filtering.
- Drives for asynchronous machines: Review of the asynchronous machine. methods of
machine start-up. Command by varying variables: voltage, voltage and frequency, field orientation, others. Used circuits. Practical use of systems.
- Drives for direct current machines: Review of the direct current machine. Controlled drive in position, speed and torque. Sensors and circuits concerned. Feedback loop. Practical use of systems.
- Introduction to controlled drives in more than one variable.
Written test: 50%. Laboratory practice: 50%.
- , . e Nasar, S. e Boldea, I. (2017). Electric Drives. -: CRC Press
- Bimal, . (1997). Power Electronics and Variable Frequency Drives: Technology and Applications. Universidade de Virginia: Wiley-IEEE Press
- Mohan, N. e Undeland, T. e Robbins, W. (2008). Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design. -: John Wiley & Sons
- Palma, J. (2008). Accionamentos Electromecânicos de Velocidade Variável. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
In-person, with explanation of concepts; dimensioning of systems and carrying out laboratory experiments/works.
Software used in class