Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
5.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
Students should learn the key tools and concepts in the field of electronic text processing and vector drawing and be able to apply them to graphic design and technology.
- Introduction to informatics.
- Digital image; distinction between bitmap and vector images.
- Editing and elaboration of vectorial images (introduction to specific software).
- The working environment. Definition of the document.
- Introduction and familiarization with the operational program toolbox.
- Design by paths and predefined shapes - Creation and manipulation of paths.
- Transformation, distortion and fusion of objects.
- Use of color and gradients.
- Modes, models and systems of colors.
- Types of files.
- Preparation of originals for different types of use.
Continuous assessment of practical assignments.
Students who attend more than 2/3 (two thirds) of the classes and who have completed the practical assignments with a grade equal to or greater than 10 (ten) values are approved and exempted from the final evaluation under examination.
Students with attendance less than 2/3 (two thirds) of the classes will be excluded from the final evaluation.
The final evaluation under examination will be a practical exercise.
- ANDRADE, M. (2016). Adobe Illustrator CC. São Paulo: Senac
- ALVES, W. (2015). Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 - Ferramentas e Técnicas para Desenho. São Paulo: Érica
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2013). Adobe Illustrator CS5: Classroom in a book. San Jose: Adobe Press
- LÉLIS, C. (2009). Illustrator CS3 & CS4 - Curso Completo. Lisboa: FCA - Editora de Informática, Lda.
- TALVANES, A. (2018). Adobe Illustrator CC a arte de vetorizar. Rio de Janeiro: Alta Books Editora
- CHELIUS, C. e SCHWARTZ, R. (2019). Learn Adobe Illustrator CC for Graphic Design and Illustration: Adobe Certified Associate Exam Preparation . (Vol. 1). San Francisco: CA: Pearson Education, Adobe Press
- WOOD, B. (2021). Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2022 release. (Vol. 1). San Francisco: CA: Pearson Education, Adobe Press
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
Execution of practical exercises throughout the semester.
Document creation, edition and preparation.
Software used in class