5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 T + 2,0 OT , Cód. 938086.
- Maria Teresa Ribeiro Pereira Desterro (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Recognize the role of Art works in civilizational development and how important is to preserve them.
Provide students with a comprehensive overview of the various forms of the artistic expression of humanity, from Antiquity till the end of the Middle Ages.
Develop analytical and critical skills
I.Introduction to the Art History
1.The birth of Art and the awakening of aesthetic awareness.
2.Periodization and artistic terminology.
II.Arts of the Classical Antiquity1.
1.1 Iconographic sources
1.2. Minoic and Micaenic influences
2- Roman Art
2.1 - Influences of Etrurian Art
Paleochristian and Byzantine)
A written test for the students attending at least 2/3 of the classes: those who obtain a minimum score of 10 (out of 20) will be exempt from taking the exam. The remaining students will take a final written exam similar to the test mentioned above.
- JANSON /PEREIRA, . (2010). A Nova História da Arte de Janson. A Tradição Ocidental. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- PEREIRA, M. (2006). Estudos de Historia da Cultura Classica. (Vol. 1 e 2). Lisboa: Fundacao Calouste Gulbenkian
- TURNER, J. (1998). The Dictionary of Art. (Vol. 2,3,4). Londres: Jane Turner
- VV, A. (1972). História da Arte . (Vol. 2,3,4). Lisboa: Alfa
Lectures supported by case study analysis.
Software used in class