7 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 60,0 PL + 3,0 OT , Cód. 9380100.
- Luís Filipe Raposo Pereira (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
The students will be provided with theoretical and practical knowledge in the fields of conservation and restoration of graphic documents, fostering in the students a critical approach to treatment options, including the choice of conservation materials and techniques.
1.Introduction to graphic documents;
2.Characterization of the field of graphic documents and typologies;
3. Identification of agents responsible for the deterioration of graphic documents;
4. Graphic documents preventive conservation;
5. Condition assessment;
6.Development of an intervention and budget proposal;
7.Main conservation and restoration methodologies for graphic documents.
8.Packaging for storage, display and transportation
The final evaluation is composed by:
a) Attendance, participation, performance (20%)
b) Final theoretical exam (40%)
c) Final report (40%).
Students with an attendance of less than 75% of practical classes are automatically excluded from the Curricular Unit
Only students with positive evaluation (at least 9.5 points) on the continuous evaluation period (a)), will be admitted to exam.
For approval, the final grade must be at least 9.5/20
- Gascoine, B. (2004). How to Identify Prints. London: Thames & Hudson
- McMurtires, D. (1997). O Livro. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Muñoz Vinhas, S. (2018). La restauración del papel. s.l.: Tecnos
- Paper aging and degradation: recent findings and research methods.(2011, 0 de ---). Bioresources, pp. 5307-5337.
Lectures concerning the technical and scientific principles of the curricular unit.
Laboratory sessions including didactic exercises of condition assessment and different treatment options followed by application in real objects.
Software used in class
Powerpoint, Prezi, Excell.