Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10852/2016 - 05/09/2016
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT , Cód. 938061.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Provide students with theoretical knowledge that will enable them to frame the emergence of contemporary artistic movements in Portugal, characterize them and identify relevant artists and works for their understanding. Identify the main movements, artists and works;
Understanding the work of art as an artistic, aesthetic and historical object, inserted in a cultural dynamic that is the result of a social and civilizational process, which has to be properly conserved and restored.
Artistic practice in the 20th century.
The diversity of languages in painting and sculpture:
The avant-gardes: the book as a work and vehicle for dissemination;
European and American references and interference: The internationalization of art and influence from abroad using Portuguese artists in Paris, London, etc.;
Transformation of the relationship between Art and the Public. The Zero.Performances alternative. Class Actions. International Encounters. The groups. The Biennials -The actions of the Círculos de Artes Plásticas de Coimbra and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
Conceptualism and post-conceptualism. Facilities and environments: The exhibition, biennials and art fairs;
01. Digital delivery of two theoretical works, each contributing with 25% of the final grade. Presentation of these works each (15%)
2. Continuous evaluation (20%)
3. Students who during the semester have not attended at least 2/3 of the classes will be excluded from the final evaluation;
4. Assessment by exam will be carried out with the delivery of two works with themes and subjects to be defined by the teacher (50% each);
5. Students who obtain a score equal to or greater than 10 are exempt from the Exam.
6. The assessment is carried out in accordance with the provisions of Article 11 of the IPT's Academic Regulation.
- França, J. (2000). A Arte e a Sociedade Portuguesa no Século XX,. Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
- Mario Gonçalves , R. (1998). A arte portuguesa do século XX. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Temas & Debates
- Mário Gonçalves, R., . (1993). História da Arte em Portugal. (Vol. 12). Lisboa: Alfa
- Vieira Jurgens, S. (2016). Instalações Provisórias - Independência, autonomia, alternativa e informalidade. Artistas e exposições em Portugal no século XX. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Documenta
Lectures and practical classes focused on the analysis of artworks ato understand the art movements and its respective artists.
Reading and interpretation of conceptual texts.
Software used in class