Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10852/2016 - 05/09/2016
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 60,0 PL + 3,0 OT , Cód. 938029.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Students should be able to recognise technical features, constituent materials and the state of preservation of canvas paintings through works presented in class, as well as to select intervention methods.
1. Easel painting - wooden and textile supports; pictorial surface
2. Causes and effects of the alteration of supports and surface layers
3. Intervention methods
4. conservation and restoration treatments
Practical coursework (10%)
Technical report (35%)
Written test (55%)
- Ortiz, A. (2012). Restauración de obras de arte: Pintura de caballete. Madrid: Akal
- VILLARQUIDE, A. (2004). La Pintura sobre tela I - Historiografía, técnicas y materiales. San Sebastian: Nerea
- VILLARQUIDE, A. (2004). La Pintura sobre tela II - Alteraciones, materiales y tratamientos de restauración técnicas. San Sebastian: Nerea
Lectures and workshops in which students are encouraged to undertake studies and diagnostics and select methods to be used in conservation/restoration interventions on canvas and wood with the lecturer's support.
Software used in class