Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10852/2016 - 05/09/2016
4.5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 3,0 OT , Cód. 938027.
- Luis Filipe Neves Carreira dos Santos (2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Students should be able to:
1. Understand the different aspects of biological action in the preservation of cultural property.
2. Detect, identify and control a variety of biodeterioration agents.
3. Recognize and use adequately laboratory techniques.
1.The preservation of cultural property - different concepts and approaches
2. General biology concepts - classification of human beings
4. Biodegradation of cultural heritage.
Biodegradation agents. Constraining factors. Organic and inorganic materials; synthetic materials.
6. Techniques for the detection of biological action. Control and prevention.
Final mark: written test (60%) + oral presentation (20%) + technical report (20%), students not achieving an average mark above 50% will sit an exam 100%.
- Allsopp, D. e J. Seal, K. e C. Gaylarde, C. (2004). Introduction to Biodeterioration, 2nd edition. UK: Cambridge university press
- Mitchell, R. e Clifford, J. (2018). Biodeterioration and Preservation. (pp. 1-160). Evanston IL: Archetype Books
(1991). Biology in the Conservation of Works of Art. Roma: ICCROM Ed.
Software used in class