Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 7835/2019 de 05/09/2019
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL
- Marco António Mourão Cartaxo
- Valentim Maria Brunheta Nunes
Learn basic and in-depth chemistry concepts that are relevant to other courses. Stimulate the study of chemistry and raise awareness to its significance in industry and society. Students should be able to solve basic chemistry problems and perform simple laboratory tasks.
1.Chemistry tools. Atoms, molecules and ions. Chemical reactions and stoichiometry. General principles of chemical reactivity; 2.The structure of atoms and molecules. Electron configuration and periodic relationships among the elements. Chemical bonding; 3. Physical states of matter. Gases.Intermolecular forces, liquids and solids. Physical properties of solutions; 4.Chemical equilibrium.
Final written test or exam (75%) and laboratory reports (25%).
- Kotz, J. e Treichel, P. (2003). Chemistry & Chemical Reactivity. London: Thomson Books
- Chang, R. (2013). Química. Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
- Atkins, P. (1997). Chemistry: Molecules, Matter and Change. NY: Freeman&Co
Lectures and lab classes involving exercise solving.
Software used in class