Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9183/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP
- José Manuel Quelhas Antunes
The students should acquire knowledge in the field of Numerical Methods for Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations required for modelling and problem solving in several Chemical Technology domains.
1. Ordinary differential equations
2. Partial Differential equations
Continuous assessment including a computational project. Final written exam.
- Zill, D. (1989). A First Course in Differential Equations with Applications. Kent: PWS-Kent Publishing Company
- Heath, M. (2001). Scientific Computing: an Introductory Survey. New York: McGraw-Hill
- Wright, M. e Murray, W. e Gill, P. (1981). Practical Optimization. Cambridge: Academic Press
- Canale, R. e Chapra, S. (2006). Numerical Methods For Engineers. NY: McGraw-Hill
Theoretical lectures, with presentation and illustration of the proposed subjects. Theoretical-practical lectures in which exercises are proposed and solved.
Software used in class