Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8500/2020 - 03/09/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT + 2,0 O
- Pedro Daniel Frazão Correia
- Jorge Manuel Correia Guilherme
Students will familiarise themselves with the technologies used in the manufacturing of integrated circuits; design methodologies and tools used in microelectronics,
hardware technical jargon and design of integrated circuits using CMOS technology.
An introduction to integrated circuits; technology concepts; digital
CMOS circuits; Programmable devices; Digital CMOS systems; Introduction to the design of digital systems using programmable logic devices; an intriduction to VERILOG and VHDL hardware description language.
Practical project on FPGA board: Theoretical VLSI project from verilog to layout and extraction. Practical note 60% and theoretical note 40% of total.
Final grade = 60% Practical + 40% Theoretical
- Silva, M. (1999). Circuitos com Transístores Bipolares e MOS. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Gulbenkian
- Baker, J. (2005). CMOS Circuit Design, Layout and Simulation. (Vol. 1). US: IEEE Press
- Razavi, B. (2001). Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits. (Vol. 1). US: McGraw-Hill
- Martin, K. (2000). Digital Integrated Circuit Design. (Vol. 1). US: Oxford University Press
Lectures supported by illustrative cases. Theoretical-practical classes focused on concept application and problem-solving.
Software used in class
LTSpice, Microwind, Xilinx Vivado Webpack Edition