Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 15239/2016 - 19/12/2016
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Dina Maria Ribeiro Mateus
Give an integrated and strategic view of process technology and its integration with today's society; provide an introduction to calculations in technology; present the main variables that characterize a process; exemplify their measurement techniques and calculation methods.
1. Introduction: The industry of chemical and biological processes; Notions of hygiene and industrial safety.
2. Introduction to engineering calculations.
3. Chemical processes and bioprocesses.
4. Process interconnection: manufacturing diagram and block diagram; case studies.
Preparation and presentation of a practical assignment (20%) and a final written test (80%).
Minimum requirement: 10 marks in each assessment component.
- Felder, R. e Rousseau, R. e Bullard, L. (2016). Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes. US: John Wiley & Sons
- Himmelblau, D. e Riggs, J. (2012). Basic Principles and calculations in Chemical Engineering . US: Prentice Hall
- Lima, N. e Mota, M. (2003). Biotecnologia - Fundamentos e Aplicações. Lisboa: Lidel-Edições Técnicas
- Mateus, D. (0). Apontamentos das aulas teóricas, Enunciados dos exercícios propostos e Tabelas de apoio . Acedido em 9 de setembro de 2022 em www.e-learning.ipt.pt
Lectures and pratical sessions focused on solving practical exercises. Field trips.
Software used in class