Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 15239/2016 - 19/12/2016
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP
- Carlos Filipe Perquilhas Baptista
1. Acquisition of knowledge in Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry mathematical areas.
2. Provide students with several algebraic tools that are necessary for modeling and solving problems related to engineering.
3. Development of logical, analytical and critical reasoning thinking skills.
I. Complex numbers;
II. Matrices and Systems of Linear Equations;
IV. Vetor Spaces;
V. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors;
VI. Analytic Geometry.
Continuous assessment: two written closed-book tests, each worthing 10 marks, and a minimum of 3 marks in each test.
Exam assessment: one written closed-book test worthing 20 marks including all taught topics.
- Smith, P. e Giraldes, E. e Fernandes, V. (1997). Curso de Álgebra Linear e Geometria Analítica. (pp. 1-376). Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
- Leon, S. (2010). Linear Algebra with Applications. (pp. 1-552). USA: Pearson
- Ferreira, M. e Amaral, I. (2009). Álgebra Linear: Matrizes e Determinantes (Vol 1º). (pp. 1-240). Portugal: Edições Sílabo
- Amaral, I. e Ferreira, M. (2009). Álgebra Linear: Espaços Vetoriais e Geometria Analítica. (Vol. 2). (pp. 1-160). Portugal: Edições Sílabo
Lectures and theoretical-practical classes involving presentation and illustration of the subject matter.
Software used in class