Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7571/2019 - 26/08/2019
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 42,0 TP
- José Luis A. Bobela Bastos Carreiras
- Cristina Margarida Rodrigues Costa
Understand the basic principles and concepts of physics and the role of physics in science and engineering. Develop skills to analyse and solve problems in the field of mechanics with several idealised bodies.
1. General Concepts: Measures and units; International Unit System; Measurements and errors.
4. Work and energy.
5. Rigid body, statics and elasticity.
7. Vibratory and undulatory motion.
The continuous assessment methodology comprises two components:
(i) a practical assignment (TP1) carried out in the continuous assessment period (frequência) (delivered during the contact period on a date to be defined with the students), with a minimum grade of 9 quoted for 20 and weighting 0.3 in the final classification.
(ii) a written test (PE1), carried out in the assessment period of the continuous assessment period (frequência), with a minimum grade of 8 values, quoted for 20 and weighting 0.7 in the final classification.
The final classification (CF) corresponds to the sum of the classifications of the two weighted components: CF=0.5xPE1+0.5xTP1. A CF minimum mark of 10/20 is required to pass.
The assessment methodology by exam comprises a written exam (PE2), carried out in the exam periods (exame and exame de recurso), with a minimum grade of 10 quoted for 20. CF=PE2
- Resnick, J. e Halliday, D. (2009). Fundamentos de Física. (Vol. I & II). Rio Janeiro: LTC-Livros Técnicos e Científicos
- Almeida, G. (2002). Sistema Internacional de Unidades. Lisboa: Platano editora
- Alonso, M. e Finn, E. (1981). Física: um curso Universitário. (Vol. I & II). : Edgard Blutcher
- Johnston, R. e Beer, F. (2011). Mecânica Vetorial para Engenheiros. Estática. : Mc Graw Hill
Lectures supported by written and audiovisual texts. Discussion of concepts and practical examples for student reflection and consolidation of theoretical and practical content.
Software used in class