Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7571/2019 - 26/08/2019
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, Anual, 42,0 TP
- Carlos Jorge Trindade da Silva Rente
- Ana Paula Gerardo Machado
Understand the fundamental concepts of observation and monitoring of constructions.
Understand the objectives and importance of testing and monitoring constructions for inspection and diagnosis of anomalies and evaluation of the behavior of buildings throughout their useful life.
Identify appropriate techniques for testing and structural and durability monitoring depending on the type of material, structural system and state of conservation.
- Measurement and measurement error.
- Measurement methods and instrumentation.
- Data acquisition.
- Selection of measuring equipment.
- Control and management of equipment.
- Measuring equipment in civil engineering.
- Techniques for installing equipment
- Application examples.
- Practical cases.
- Behavior of constructions
- Safety, functionality and durability of constructions
- Inspection and diagnosis of buildings
- Application examples
- Practical cases.
In all evaluation periods, the final classification will be obtained through the weighted average of a mandatory work, consisting of two parts, the classification is the average of the classifications obtained in each of the parts ((T1+T2)/2) with the weight of 50% and a written test consisting of two parts and the classification the average of the marks obtained in each of the parts ((P1+P2)/2) with a 50% weigh.
For approval, it is necessary to obtain a minimum classification of 8 values out of 20 in each of the components (of the work and the written test) and a total classification greater than or equal to 9.5 values
- FIB, .. (2003). Monitoring and safety evaluation of existing structures, state-of-art report. . (Vol. buletin 22). (pp. .). .: .
- CEB-FIP, .. (1988). Strategies for testing and assessment of concrete structures. (Vol. nº 43). Bulletin d?information : .
- Marques, N. (2007). Monitorização estática e dinâmica: aplicações. UM: .
- ICOMOS, . (2004). Recomendações para a análise, conservação e restauro estrutural do património arquitetónico. Guimarães: UM
Theoretical-practical classes of expository and interactive type, with assignments and analysis of practical cases.
Software used in class