Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7571/2019 - 26/08/2019
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, Anual, 42,0 TP
- Maria de Lurdes Belgas da Costa Reis
1. Raise awareness of the multidisciplinary aspects of building rehabilitation.
3. Know the characteristics of the main types of buildings to be intervened
2. Understand the mechanisms of degradation of materials and buildings.
3. Know the pathologies of materials and buildings
3. Identify the various types of anomalies
4. Know how to diagnose anomalies.
5. Know techniques for diagnosing anomalies
6. Know the techniques of repair and reinforcement that allow the choice of the most appropriate solution for each type of work.
7. Raise awareness of the types and costs of rehabilitation interventions.
8. Know the legislation applicable to Urban Rehabilitation.
1. Non-structural anomalies of buildings
1.1 Causes and agents of non-structural anomalies: human; natural actions; natural disasters;
1.2 Anomalies due to humidity
1.4 Ageing and degradation of materials
1.5 Misadjustments in the face of non-structural safety and comfort requirements.
2. Pathology of materials
2.1 Pathologies of natural stone
2.2 Pathologies of concrete and reinforced concrete
2.3 Pathologies of timber and derivatives
3. Rehabilitation processes and techniques:
3.1 Wooden elements
3.2 Concrete and reinforced concrete
3.3 Earth construction
3.4 Walls of stone and brick masonry
3.5 Roofs: sloping and flat
3.6 Floors: ground and raised floors
3.7 Wall coverings
3.7.1 Traditional finishes
3.7.2 Non-traditional coatings
3.7.3 Glued stone and ceramic coatings
3.7.4 Discontinuous coatings
3.8 Practical examples of case studies
4. Some ideas about the costs of rehabilitation interventions.
5. Urban Rehabilitation Legislation
Assessment includes a written theoretical and practical test (65%), Exam or Resit with minimum mark of 9.5/20.
Individual Practical Assignment (35%). The work consists of a report based on the monitoring of a rehabilitation work carried out during the semester or, alternatively, the study of an intervention technique that includes materials, equipment, execution process and costs.
The work is compulsory and can be delivered in any assessment period. The final mark of the module is the weighted average of the Written Test and the Individual Assignment.
- Cóias, V. (2009). Inspecções e Ensaios na Reabilitação de Edifícios, . (Vol. 1). Lisboa: ITT Press
- Cóias, V. (2007). Reabilitação Estrutural de Edifícios Antigos Alvenaria, Madeira: Técnicas Pouco Intrusivas, . (Vol. 1). Lisboa: GECoRPA
- Mascarenhas, J. (2013). Sistemas de Construção Reabilitação Urbana . (Vol. XII). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
- Costa et,al, A. (2014). Reabilitação Estrutural Casos Práticos de Intervenção em Estruturas Patrimoniais. (Vol. 1). Instituto da Construçãorto: Instituto da Construção
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
Presentation of real cases that allow reflection, discussion and critical intervention of students. Practical use of available diagnostic equipment.
Software used in class