Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7571/2019 - 26/08/2019
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, Anual, 42,0 TP
- Ana Paula Gerardo Machado
- Cristina Margarida Rodrigues Costa
Acquisition of basic knowledge on the methodologies for intervention in structures and foundations of buildings. Acquisition of competencies: (i) to identify the functioning of structural systems and foundations of buildings; (ii) to identify the structural degradation mechanisms; (iii) to propose and to implement current solutions for rehabilitation and strengthening of structures and foundations.
1. General concepts: structural systems; methodologies of intervention in structures and foundations.
2. Structural faults.
3. Structural reinforcement techniques
4. Foundation reinforcement techniques
Assessment,either in continuous assessment or exam periods, comprises two components:
(i) a closed-book theoretical-practical test (PE). A minimum mark of 8/20 in the test worth 70% of the overall grade.
(ii) practical work (TP), with a classification of 20/20 and a weight of 30% in the overall grade.
Each component (PE and TP) is composed of two parts: part I corresponds to the topics of P. T. R. of Foundations and part II corresponds to the topics of P. T. R. of Structures. The grade of each component (PE and TP) is the sum of the marks obtained in each part (part I and II).
Students are approved with a final grade equal to or greater than 10 values.
- Appleton, J. (2003). Reabilitação de edifícios antigos. Lisboa: Orion
- Coelho, S. (1996). Tecnologia de Fundações. Amadora: EPGE
- Costa, A. e Appleton, J. (1999). Mecanismos de deterioração das estruturas de betão armado. Lisboa: IST
- Freitas, V. (2012). Manual de Apoio ao Projecto de Reabilitação de Edifícios Antigos. Porto: Ordem dos Engenheiros Região Norte
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources. Discussion of concepts and practical examples for students' reflection and consolidation of theoretical and practical content.
Software used in class