Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7571/2019 - 26/08/2019
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 42,0 TP
- Jorge Morarji dos Remédios Dias Mascarenhas
A-Generally realize that there are different types of constructions that vary with the times
B-Know the various execution processes in civil construction works; including execution techniques, function of materials, execution sequences, equipment involved, advantages and disadvantages of each process.
C-Ability to recognize the various equipment, understand decisions on the choice of appropriate processes and means employed, as well as good execution practices in environmental terms and good compliance with applicable legislation.
I.-Introduction to construction
-Brief notions on how to build
II-Building Construction Processes and Techniques
4-Foundations (direct, indirect and cellars);
5-Containment of land;
6-Traditional exterior wall (functional requirements);
7-Structures of buildings (wood, concrete and metal);
9-Constitution and requirements of various constructive details;
11-Special construction processes;
III.-Construction and the environment. Importance of soil, water, biodiversity and free services provided by nature. Legislation applicable
Continous evaluation: Frequecy (50%) + Work (50%)
Students will only be excused from examination if, to any of the assessment elements, the score is not less than 8 (eight) values, and their media is equal to or greater than 9.5 values.
Exam: the same way
- Mascarenhas, J. (2011). SISTEMAS DE CONSTRUÇÃO VOL.I ,CONTENÇÕES, IMPLANTAÇÕES, FUNDAÇÕES, JET GROUTHING, ANCORAGENS, TÚNEIS, CONSOLIDAÇÃO DE TERRENOS, . (Vol. I). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
- Mascarenhas, J. (2010). SISTEMAS DE CONSTRUÇÃO VOL.II - PAREDES:PAREDES EXTERIORES (1ª PARTE), . (Vol. II). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
- Mascarenhas, J. (2021). SISTEMAS DE CONSTRUÇÃO VOL.XI O BETÃO ARMADO, COFRAGENS DE EDIFÍCIOS, AGLOMERADOS ORGÂNICOS. (Vol. XI). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
- Mascarenhas, J. (2010). SISTEMAS DE CONSTRUÇÃO VOL.XII MOVIMENTO DE TERRAS. PROCESSOS DIVERSOS (1ªPARTE), . (Vol. Xii). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
Presentation of the key topics with the support of audiovisual resources and illustrations showing detailed construction processes.
Software used in class