Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8645/2020 - 08/09/2020
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 30,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Marta Sicurella
- Valter Nuno Garcez da Silva Ventura
a) Understand the methods of analytical photometry in analog and digital media, and apply them in different practical cases
b) Qualify the student to use the large format camera in all its functions, and to the specificities of the photosensitive media used
c) Develop a project in architectural photography, using the large format camera, applying the acquired theoretical knowledge (camera movements, perspective correction, analytical photometry, developing and printing manipulation)
1) Analytical Photometry: Zonal System. Studio portraiture, study of practical cases, using analog and digital media.
2) Architectural photography: survey of images, study of practical cases, problem solving.
3) Large format cameras; use of all
all optical media and all photosensitive media; respective
Practice: 2 practical exercises, worth 20% of the final mark. 1 architectural photography project valued at 40% of the final mark.
All the exercises and the project must be handed in during the contact period, on the established dates. The assessment test will cover the subjects given in the theoretical classes.
Students who do not obtain a minimum mark of 8/20 in each component of the practical part will be excluded from the examination.
In examination periods, the assessment will consist of the submission of work which did not obtain the minimum mark of 10/20 in the continuous assessment. The mark to be awarded in examination periods will result from the sum of 30% of the theoretical component (mark obtained in continuous assessment) and 70% of the practical component, calculated as follows: average of the marks obtained in examination periods with positive assessments (exercises, project) awarded in continuous assessment.
- Adams, A. (1995). The Camera. (Vol. 1). New Jersey: Little Brown & Comp.
- Adams, A. (1995). The Negative. (Vol. 1). New York: Amazon
- Simons, S. (2015). Using the View Camera. (Vol. 1). New York: Amphoto
- Lowrie, C. e Mehadra, M. (2007). Exposure & Lighting for Digital Photographers only. (Vol. 1). New York: Wiley Publishing, Inc.
A - Interaction expositive method, theoretical lessons using digital interface
B - Laboratory practice and field trips, where is carried out the experimentation and application of the knowledge acquired in the context of theoretical classes.
Software used in class