Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8645/2020 - 08/09/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 30,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Valter Nuno Garcez da Silva Ventura
This UC intends to deepen the knowledge acquired in Analogical Laboratory 1 and introduce advanced concepts of printing, development and photometry.
The student should be able to cross this knowledge, improving his technical understanding and ability to predict the final result.
1. Enlargment of 120mm negatives:
Positivization of medium format negatives made at UC Câmara 2.
2. Printing with variable contrast filters:
Verification and comparison of results on multigrade RC paper.
3. Zone system
Introduction to the Ansel Adams analytical photometry system.
4. Pushed and reduced revelation:
Comparison of contrasts, grain and gray scale.
5. Printing on fiber paper:
Time differences, contrasts and results in relation to printing on RC paper.
The assessment of learning will be done continuously.
Theoretical-practical knowledge will be assessed through the presentation, defense and discussion of the proposed practical works and a final portfolio.
Participation and presentation of exercises in practical classes (50%).
Presentation of final portfolio (50%).
Exam: written test (50%) + final portfolio (50%).
- Hedgecoe, J. (1991). Manual do Laboratório Fotográfico. Lisboa: Dinalivro
- Adams, A. (1995). The Print. .: Ansel Adams
- Soudo e Silveira Ramos, .. (2005). Manual de Técnicas Fotográficas. Lisboa: Cenjor
- Langford, M. (2009). Tratado de Fotografia. .: Omega
Taking into account the markedly technical characteristics of the subject to be studied, the development of the program will be essentially practical.
For each module, an exercise will be proposed, to be carried out individually.
Software used in class