Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8645/2020 - 08/09/2020
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 5,0 OT
- Ana Rita de Sousa Gaspar Vieira
a) Develop and deepen knowledge about the practical use of image in contemporary times, articulating it with other creative disciplines;
b) Provide instruments and tools for critical and artistic analysis that contributed to the construction of an image, so that students are able to build an articulated visual and textual discourse, having as a starting point a personal and/or other imagery referent ;
c) Understand the contingencies of and in the construction of an image in the contemporary world, considering that the construction of an image is always hostage to its past and its context.
1. What is an image. From image to imagination. How an image is formed. The eye image and the brain image;
2. The image in the symbolic field of art. The image structure and its relationship / transposition to the two-dimensional surface. The composition and the relationship between the different elements that make up an image;
3. Construction and classification of images: The point; line; plan; shadow; color; shape/background; context; natural images; artificial images; static images; moving images; the image and its spatiality.
Presentation, defense and discussion of the theoretical/practical exercises proposed (70%);
Continuous assessment (30%);
Students with a classification equal to or greater than 10 are exempt from the exam;
Students who throughout the semester have not attended at least 2/3 of the classes will be excluded from the final evaluation.
In the exam contact, the same theoretical / practical exercises will be requested as in the context of continuous assessment (80%) and a supplementary exercise proposed for the exam situation (20%).
- Barthes, R. (2012). A Câmara Clara. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Edições 70
- Bouleau, C. (1996). Tramas La Geometría Secreta de Los Pintores. (Vol. 1). Madrid: Akal
- T. Hall, E. (1986). A Dimensão Oculta. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Relógio dÁgua
- Damásio, A. (2020). Sentir & Saber - A cammin ho da consciência. (Vol. q). Lisboa: Círculo de Leitores
Theoretical classes of oral exposition, debates, practical examples, analysis of texts, in conjunction with the development of exercises and authorial practical works.
Software used in class