Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7795/2021 - 09/08/2021
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 T + 42,0 PL
- Gabriel Pereira Pires
On completion of the module, the students should be able to program 8 bit PIC microcontrollers of the 18F family, accomplishing projects that involve: digital and analog reading, digital and PWM actuation, rigid temporal constraints and asynchronous/synchronous serial communications.
1) Introduction to embedded systems;
2) Introduction to the PIC microcontroller and development environments
3) Programming/configuration PIC 18F family: (a) Digital input/output; (b) Timers and internal interrupt; (c) External interrupts; (d) LCD connection; (e) COMPARE, CAPTURE, PWM; (f) Counters;
4) Serial communication asynchronous (UART/RS232) and synchronous (I2C/SPI);
Written exam (60%), Lab work (40%)
Minimum pass requirements: A minimum of 40% in the written test and a minimum of 50% in the laboratory work. The minimum pass mark is 10 out of 20.
- Reese, R. (2005). Microprocessors: From Assembly To C with the PIC18FXX2. -: Charles River Media
- Peatman, J. (1997). Design with PIC microcontrollers. -: Prentice Hall
Lectures, practical exercises and lab assignments/projects
Software used in class