Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 10366/2022 - 24/08/2022 (Parceria ESTT/ESAI)
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 40,0 TP
- Eugénio Manuel Carvalho Pina de Almeida
- Fernando Manuel Lino Gonçalves Antunes
Understand the basic principles and concepts of physics and the role of physics in science and engineering. Develop skills to analyse and solve problems in the field of mechanics with several idealised bodies.
1. General Concepts: Measures and units; International Unit System; Measurements and errors.
2. Vector mechanics: vector concept, sum of vectors. Inner and outer product of vectors.
5. Work and energy.
6. Rigid body, statics and elasticity.
7. Balance of rigid static strutures. Supportive reactions.
8. Vibratory and undulatory motion.
The assessment methodology comprises in the one component:
A written test, carried out in the assessment period of the continuous assessment period (frequência) or in exams, with a minimum grade of 10 values, quoted for 20 in the final classification.
- Halliday, D. e Resnick, J. (2009). Fundamentos de Física. (Vol. I & II). Rio Janeiro: LTC-Livros Técnicos e Científicos
- Almeida, G. (2002). Sistema Internacional de Unidades. Lisboa: Platano editora
- Finn, E. e Alonso, M. (1981). Física: um curso Universitário. (Vol. I & II). : Edgard Blutcher
- Beer, F. e Johnston, R. (2011). Mecânica Vetorial para Engenheiros. Estática. : Mc Graw Hill
Lectures supported by written and audiovisual texts. Discussion of concepts and practical examples for student reflection and consolidation of theoretical and practical content.
Software used in class