5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL
An overview of the principles and concepts of construction management and health and safety at the construction site.It is intended to develop skills that allow the determination of quantities of work, based on predefined criteria; to determine budgets; to plan activities and to manage resources; to organize the site plan; and to determine price revisions. The knowledge acquisition comprises the main legislation in safety domain, methods of protection and prevention of occupational accidents. It is intended that the student acquire skills that allow the development and implementation of methods and techniques of prevention and protection in construction sites.
1.Measurement standards; 2. Time and resources consumptions; 3. Costs of labor; 4. Construction budgets; 5. Resource planning and management; 6. Introduction to BIM; 7. Price adjustment; 8. Health ans safety at work; 9. Integrated safety, collective and individual protection; 10. Noise at the work place; 11. Prevention mechanisms; 12. On-site Safety.
Closed book test or exam (85%).
- Holroyd, T. (1999). Site management for engineers. London: London: Thomas Telford
- Forster, G. (1989). Construction site studies Production, administration and personnel. London: Longman Scientific & Technical
- Clarke, T. (1999). Managing health and safety in building and construction.. London: Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann.
- Reis, A. (2013). Organização e Gestão de Obras. Lisboa: Edições Técnicas ETL, Lda.
- Miguel, A. (2002). Manual de Higiene e Segurança no trabalho. Lisboa: Porto Editora
- Reis, A. (2013). Organização e Gestão de Obras. London: Edições Técnicas ETL, Lda.
- Branco, J. e Farinha, J. (1980). Manual de Estaleiros de Construção de Edifícios. Lisboa: LNEC
- Pinto, A. (2012). Manual de Segurança: Construção, conservação e restauro de edifícios. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Lectures with presentation of illustrative examples (2 hours/week); practical (2 hours/week) dedicated to solving problems suggested by the lecturer.Lecture notes in electronic document form (e-learning).
Software used in class