5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
a)Students should be provided with basic and more advanced knowledge of mathematical methods used in different civil engineering problems.
b)They should be able to apply appropriate analytical and numerical methods to solve differential and integral equations.
1. Iterative Methods for Linear Systems of Equations;
2. Numerical Methods for Systems of Nonlinear Equations and Nonlinear Equations;
3. Polynomial Interpolation;
4. Numerical Defferentiation and Integration;
5. Vector calculus;
6. Line integrals;
7. Surface Integrals
Continuous assessment: two written tests.
Exam assessment: one written test.
- Silva, J. (1994). Princípios de Análise Matemática Aplicada. Lisboa: Mc Graw-Hill
- Anton, H. (2000). Cálculo, um novo horizonte. (Vol. 2). São Paulo: Bookman
- Pina, H. (1995). Métodos Numéricos. Portugal: Mc Graw-Hill
- Zill, D. (2008). A First Course in Differential Equations. EUA: Brooks Cole
Theoretical lectures, with presentation and illustration of the proposed subjects. Theoretical-practical lectures in which exercises are proposed and solved.
Software used in class