Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 2,0 O
- António Martiniano Ventura
Understand photography as a process, developing skills in the execution of photographic representations. Understand the processes of meaning of photographic images, providing the acquisition of skills, in the use of photographs in the context of communication design.
1 - Photography as a process, and its areas of interest: the Object, the Camera and the Record;
2 - Light and the Object: basic lighting techniques in photography;
3 - Image formation: framing, exposure control, focus and sharpness;
4 - Image formation: point of view and focal length;
5 - The photographic record as a technique for the manufacture, reproduction and dissemination of images;
6- Artisanal images and technical images. some fundamental questions.
7 - Photography as a communication process;
8 - Photography and narrative;
Since the characteristics of this discipline require active student participation, it will be appropriate for the assessment of learning to be done on a continuous basis.
Thus, for each of the proposed Experimental Projects, developed in class, an individual technical report will be requested. The final grade will result from the arithmetic average obtained in the set of these reports. Examination tests must include written test (60%) and presentation of individual reports related to the monitoring of Experimental Projects developed in practical class (40%). The minimum grade for approval will be 9.5, on a scale from 0 to 20.
- Hurburt, A. (1985). Diseño fotográfico: interacción del diseño con la fotografía. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-127). Barcelona1: Gustavo Gili
- Ventura, A. (0). Leitura e Análise da Imagem - para uma didáctica da imagem. Acedido em 16 de fevereiro de 2023 em https://www.dropbox.com/s/ht107wokuiub367/Leitura_Imagem.pdf?dl=0
- Silveira Ramos, M. e Soudo, J. (0). Manual de Técnicas Fotográficas. Acedido em 16 de fevereiro de 2023 em https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pn3hyqdqfznpsq/1_Manual_Tec_Foto.pdf?dl=0
- Melo, C. (0). Manual de Fotografia Digital. Acedido em 16 de fevereiro de 2023 em https://www.dropbox.com/s/i20blwv8izyd1el/5_Manual_Foto_Digital.pdf?dl=0
A set of experimental projects that, properly sequenced and related, will allow learning by doing, producing reflection on three basic questions: what photography is, what it is for and how it is done.
Software used in class
Image editing software