Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9398/2015 - 18/08/2015
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- Cristina Margarida Rodrigues Costa
It is intended that students be able to apply knowledge of strength of materials, analysis, stability and design of structures, as well as the concepts of the regulation (EC1, EC3 and EC4) to the design and rehabilitation of steel and composite structures.
2. STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS and CLASSIFICATION OF CROSS SECTIONS: elastic and plastic global analysis; P-delta effects; influence of joints; restraining.
3. DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES: strength of cross sections; buckling; lateral and local buckling; joints and detailing.
4. STEEL-CONCRETE COMPOSITE STRUCTURES: steel-concrete connections; design of composite beams and slabs; composite solutions for structural rehabilitation.
The assessment consists of written exam of a theoretical-practical nature, carried out during the period of exams (exame, exame de recurso e exames especiais), with a minimum grade of 10 points out of 20.
- Simões, R. (2005). Manual de dimensionamento de estruturas metálicas. Coimbra: CMM Press
- Silva, L. e Santiago, A. (2003). Manual de ligações metálicas. Coimbra: CMM Press
Regulamentos: RSA, REAE, EC1, EC3 e EC4. (Edição: várias)
- Da Silva, V. (2013). Mecânica e resistência dos materiais. Coimbra: Zuari
Theoretical lessons comprise presentation and discussion of theoretical concepts and discussion of practical examples. Practical assignments of analysis and design of steel and composite structures are proposed to students in the practical classes.
Software used in class
CYPE; FTOOL; AutoCAD.