Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 11230/2020 de 13/11/2020 + Despacho n.º 7089/2023 de 03/07/2023
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 PL + 2,0 OT , Cód. 61219.
- Jorge Rafael Nogueira Raposo (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Previous kowledge of geometric solid projections, cuts and sections and axonometric perspectives.
Upon successful completion of the UC, students should be able to:
- Make drawings in 3D CAD.
- Ability to interpret drawings of machine elements.
- Have knowledge of dimensional tolerances, geometric tolerances, adjustments and surface finishes.
1. Dimensional tolerances and surface finish
-ISO Dimensional tolerance standards
-Control of dimensional fittings
-Surface finishing quality
2. Geometric tolerances
-Geometrical vs Dimensional Tolerances
-Geometrical tolerance symbology
-Using geometrical tolerances in practice
3. Technical drawing of welded joints.
-Using welding symbols in practice
4. Machine components.
5. Advanced application in CAD
-Mechanical components data bases
Continuous Assessment (Frequency) and Final Assessment (Exam and Appeal) - Students will be assessed in the Curricular Unit taking into account the following components and weighting: 1. Theoretical-practical exercises carried out throughout the semester, with a weight of 40% (ES ); 2. Final exercise of a practical model, with a weight of 60% (EF).
The final classification (CF), in continuous assessment (frequency) or final assessment (examl) is obtained through CF=ES+EF, there is no minimum grade for each of the assessment components.
- Costa, A. (2016). Projecto 3D em Solidworks. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: FCA Editora
- Morais, S. (2006). Desenho Técnico Básico. (Vol. 3). Porto: Porto Editora
- Silva, A. e Tavares Ribeiro, C. e Dias, J. e Sousa, L. (2004). Desenho Técnico Moderno. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: LIDEL
After the exposure moments of the theoretical concepts, several practical exercises in CAD will be solved. The SolidWorks® software will be used as a tool to apply the theoretical concepts and to solve practical exercises.
Software used in class