Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 12546/2014
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 22,50 T + 22,50 TP + 4,0 OT
The students will be familiar with the mechanisms and mechanical components used in industrial machinery and
laboratory and be able to calculate the size of drives and electrical/electronic
1. Introduction to mechanisms and mechanical components.
2. Adaptation of speed and torque.
3. Clutches and brakes.
4. Connection and fastening systems.
5. Motion transmission through belts and chains.
6. Mechanical couplings.
7. Guiding of moving parts.
8. Device instrumentation
9. Computer tools for developing mechanical mechanisms.
Final assessment consists of a practical written test.
Lectures and practical classes focused on the preparation of practical projects applying mecahnical components and general machinery. Problem solving and case study analysis.
Software used in class