Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 12803/2021 - 29/12/2021
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 14,0 T + 35,0 PL + 14,0 OT
- Sílvio Manuel Valente da Silva
Build case studies from an analytical and operational point of view. Identify and isolate factors leading to success and failure within the trade and services sectors. Develop analytical capacity. Develop presentation and public discussion skills.
1.1-What is a methodology.
1.2-Construction of a case study in commerce and services management.
2.1-Analysis and discussion of case studies.
The evaluation system is continuous, based on: Test (50%); Participation in classes, attendance, punctuality and presentation of case study analysis (50%). Exam: Test(100%).
- R. Leenders, M. e A. Mauffette-Leenders, L. e A. Erskine, J. (2001). Writing Cases. (Vol. 1). Canada: Yvey Publishing
- E. Hoskisson, R. e Duane Ireland, R. e A. Hitt, M. (2007). Strategic Management. (Vol. 1). USA: Thomson South-Western,
- Rog Debra, J. e Bickman, L. (2009). Handbook of Applied Social Researsh Methods. (Vol. 1). USA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- , . e C.Lundberg, C. e Enz, C. (1993). A Framework for Student Case Preparation.Case Research, 13, pp. 133-144.
Active Method (case discussion, group dynamics, practical exercises); Expository and interrogative method.
Software used in class