Publication in the Diário da República: RCC 01/04/2011 [DR.7678/2011 26.05.2011]
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
The students will become familiar with the use of financial analysis in business i.e. analysis of financial stability, profitability and risk.
1. Introduction: object and framework of Financial Analysis
2. Instruments base of Financial Analysis :
2.2. Documents base of Financial Analysis
2.3. Preparation of accounting documents for Financial Analysis
2.4. The method of ratios
3. Financial soundness and financial stability
4. Efficiency and profitability :
4.1. The financial cycle of exploitation
4.2. Income statement analysis
4.3. Return on invested capital
4.4. Return on equity
5. The operational and financial risk
- Intermediate Test with 50% weighting ;
- Final test with weighting of 50 %
The option of continuous assessment requires that all components are carried out .
- Neves, J. (2014). Análise e Relato Financeiro - Uma visão integrada de gestão. Lisboa: Texto Editores
- Menezes, H. (1995). Princípios de Gestão Financeira. Lisboa: Presença
- Brealey, R. e Myers, S. (1995). Princípios de Finanças Empresariais. Lisboa: Mac Graw Hill
- Damodaran, A. (2001). corporate finance, theory and practice. USA: John Wiley
Lectures supported by case study.
Software used in class