Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 11230/2020 - 13/11/2020
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 PL + 2,0 OT
- Fernando da Conceição Batista
Previous kowledge of geometric solid projections, cuts and sections and axonometric perspectives.
Upon successful completion of the UC, students should be able to:
- Make drawings in 3D CAD.
- Ability to interpret drawings of machine elements.
- Have knowledge of dimensional tolerances, geometric tolerances, adjustments and surface finishes.
1. Dimensional tolerances and surface finish
-ISO Dimensional tolerance standards
-Control of dimensional fittings
-Surface finishing quality
2. Geometric tolerances
-Geometrical vs Dimensional Tolerances
-Geometrical tolerance symbology
-Using geometrical tolerances in practice
3. Technical drawing of welded joints.
-Using welding symbols in practice
4. Machine components.
5. Advanced application in CAD
-Mechanical components data bases
i) Continuous Assessment
- Development of three Works (min. 10,0)
- One written Test. (min. 10,0)
Final classification = Test (30%) + Work1 (10%) + Work2 (15%) + Work3 (45%)
ii) Final Assessment
Students without TL minimums must submit a TL correction at Final Assessment .
Note: Test (30%) + Work(70%)
The TL1, TL2 and TL3 works are developed and monitored throughout the classes.
If the student misses classes, he will have to perform a TL on the day of the exam.
- Costa, A. (2016). Projecto 3D em Solidworks. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: FCA Editora
- Morais, S. (2006). Desenho Técnico Básico. (Vol. 3). Porto: Porto Editora
- Silva, A. e Tavares Ribeiro, C. e Dias, J. e Sousa, L. (2004). Desenho Técnico Moderno. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: LIDEL
After the exposure moments of the theoretical concepts, several practical exercises in CAD will be solved. The SolidWorks® software will be used as a tool to apply the theoretical concepts and to solve practical exercises.
Software used in class