4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 24,0 TP
- Cristina Maria Mendes Andrade
C1. Understand the objectives and steps in project management;
C2. Understanding the 9 areas of intervention and the role of critical success factors
C3. Understand the difference between cascading methodologies and agile project management methodologies
C4. Know how to use the PMBOK (Project Management Body Of Knowledge) Script in a concrete project
C5. Understand the project management process through sap's entire Project Management module
1. Project Management and planning
2. Analysis of projects with networks
3. The life cycle of a project
4. Traditional methodologies and agile methodologies
5. Case Study: Understand the project management process in detail by going through the SAP Project Management module.
The evaluation will consist of two components (100%=50%+50%): theoretical 50% and a practice component 50%. At any time, in case of doubt students may be called upon to take a single and compulsory oral examination; non-show in it results in the attribution of nine (9) values to the Curricular Unit.
- Lester, A. (2017). Project Planning and Control, Butterworth-Heinemann. Elsevier: ISBN: 9780081020203
- Portny, S. (2017). Project management for dummies. John Wiley & Sons: ISBN: 978-1-119-34892-4 (ebk)
- McConnel, S. (2014). Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction. (Vol. 1). USA: Microsoft Press
- Shore, J. e Warden, S. (2010). The art of Agile Development. (Vol. 1). USA: O'Reilly Media
The theoretical contents of this C.U. are taught through exhibition classes, supported in practical cases and using software. Students will be motivated to apply the skills acquired through activities, analysis and discussion.
Software used in class