Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 4406/2017 - 22/05/2017
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 TP
- Ricardo Jorge Viegas Covas
Equip the students with basic tools that will prepare them to undertake independent data analysis and discuss methods and results.
I - Introduction; II - Statistical Inference; III - Regression and Correlation; IV - Multiple Linear Regression; V - Factor analysis in Principal Components; VI - Cluster analysis.
Continuous assessment - one of the following methods:
Method A: 2 tests. The final mark is the average of the two.
Method B: 1 test.
An average mark of 10/20 exempts students from taking the exam.
- Maroco, J. (2011). Análise Estatística com o SPSS Statistics. Lisboa: Report Number
- Guimarães, R. e Sarsfields, J. (2005). Estatística. : McGraw Hill
- Hair, J. e Black, W. e Anderson, R. (2006). Multivariate Data Analysis. : Prentice Hall
- Maroco, J. e Bispo, R. (2005). Estatística Aplicada às Ciências Sociais e Humanas. : McGraw Hill
Theoretical-practical sessions. Conventional face-to-face lectures including a strong interaction between theory and practice. The theoretical component is mainly computer-based using the SPSS software.
Software used in class