Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7822/2020 - 07/08/2020
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 14,0 T + 28,0 PL + 14,0 OT
- José Alberto de Figueiredo Oliveira Rodrigues
At the end of the term students should be able to master the conceptual, instrumental and marketing processes for planning tourist products and conducting tourism planning projects both at local and regional level.
1. Tourism planning;
1.1 Tourism planning (planning stages, strategies, types of planning);
2. Planning of tourism products;
2.2 Planning of tourism products (identifying potential of the tourist destination, sustainability);
3.Typologies for tourism
3.3 Tourism typologies (analysis of types of tourism and current projections of visitors);
4.Sustainable development of tourism;
4.1 Sustainable tourism development (sustainable tourism policies and guidelines);
5. Tourism plans and policies;
5.1 Tourism plans and policies (National Plans of
6. Case studies related to tourism planning.
6.1 Tourism - emphasis on Portuguese-speaking countries).
Individual knowledge assessment test -50%
(In the written assessment test, the student will have to obtain a minimum grade of 7 points)
Sum of several work/tasks requested throughout the semester -45%
Class participation -5%
Written exam 100%.
- Gunn, C. e Turgut, V. (2002). Tourism Planning: Basics. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). 4.ª, Routledge: Londres
- Hall, C. (2000). Tourism Planning - Policies, Processes and Relationships. (pp. ---). --, Prentice Hal: Londres
- Vieira, J. (2007). Planeamento e Ordenamento Territorial do Turismo. (Vol. -). (pp. ---). --, Editorial Verbo: Lisboa
- Silva, F. e Umbelino, . (2017). Planeamento e Desenvolvimento Turístico. (pp. ---). 1ª, Lidel, Edições Técnicas: Lisboa
Lectures and practical classes supported by case study analysis individually or in small groups of up to three students. Students are free to choose a case that fits into the topic of tourism but subject to the lecturer's approval.
Software used in class
E-learning platform and power point