Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3393/2016 - 04/03/2016
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- Maria Graciete da Purificação Reis Henriques Honrado
1 - To know the fundamental processes of HPH in an organization.
2 - Articulate the various HR procedures.
3 - Demonstrate autonomy in people's management.
4 - Reveal critical and reflective sense about people's management.
1 - Human Resources Management: approach to theoretical evolution.
2 - Recruitment (main stages).
3 - Selection (tests and interviews).
4 - Analysis and description of functions (concepts and techniques of information collection).
5 - Careers (career concept and types).
6 - Performance management (explanatory factors, classification evaluation methods).
7 - Reward systems (main components).
8 - Training and development of skills (time, teamwork, communication, etc.).
9 - Organizational dysfunctions (absenteeism, stress, burnout, etc.).
10 - Approach to behavioral variables:
Emotions and emotional intelligence;
- Motivation and satisfaction with work;
Leadership and decision-making;
Conflict management and negotiation;
Structure and culture;
Technology and innovation;
11 - Organizational citizenship behaviors (CCO):
Human resources management practices that promoter cco;
The ethical approach and gender equality as CCO (5th SDGs).
Periodic Evaluation: Written assessments (50%) and work developed in class (50%). Students whose grade is equal to or greater than 10 values is approved and waived.
Exam Times: Written evaluation (100%).
- Lopes, A. (2012). Fundamentos da Gestão de Pessoas. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo.
- Guerra, P. (2013). Humanator XXI Recursos Humanos e sucesso empresarial. Lisboa: D. Quixote
- Hughes, C. (2015). Managing Human Resource Development Programs. UK: Palgrave Macmillan
- Pina e Cunha et al., M. (2015). Manual de Gestão de Pessoas e do Capital Humano. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Sotomayor, A. (2021). Princípios de Gestão de Recursos Humanos. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Rei dos Livros
1 - Oral presentation supported by datashow in order to promote in-depth knowledge of HRM processes;
2 - Case study presentation and discussion, simulations and specifically tailored exercises.
3 - Assignment presentation (last sessions).
Software used in class