5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 PL + 4,0 OT
- Hália Filipa da Costa Santos
Provide knowledge about the functioning of PR Agencies in any industry. Identify the necessary means for the creation of a press office, the functions of a Press Officer and define courses of action for different realities.
I.A Press Office (6H)
1. The appearance of the Press Office
2. What is the Press Office
3. Press Counseling: Internal Office or Outsourcing (Communication Agency)?
II.The Press Advisor (6H)
1. Features and Characteristics of the Press Advisor
2. Difficulties of a Press Advisor
3. Press Officer or Public Relations?
III.Organization of a Press Office (3H)
1.Internal and External Information
2.The Company Spokesperson
3.Pro-activity or re-activity?
IV.The Media and Journalists (6H)
The specificity of each medium
b. What journalists are looking for
what is news
V.Relationship with Journalists (9H)
1. Press Releases
4.Response to requests for information
5.Notions of exclusive, embargo and off the record
VI.Presentations from the Press Office (9H)
1.The Clipping and the Press Dossiers
Mid-term exam (80%) and assignments (20%). Minimum pass mark: 10 grade points (average of the mid-term exam and the assignments. Final exam (100%).
- Prior, H. (2021). Comunicação e Política na Era da Mediatização. Porto: Formal Press
- Mateus, S. (2022). Manual Prático de Assessoria. Covilhã: Editora LabCom
- Martins, L. (2023). Como perder uma eleição. Lisboa: Livros zigurate
- Ribeiro, V. (2015). Assessoria de Imprensa: Fundamentos Teóricos e Práticos. São Paulo: Novas Edições Acadêmicas
Lectures with Powerpoint resources and document analysis.
Software used in class