6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 75,0 TP
- Ana Cristina Becerra Nata dos Santos
At the end of this module the students will be able to analyse, interpret and formulate problems in Linear Algebra and Linear Programming, and have obtained the mathematical foundations that will allow them to extrapolate mathematical problems to economic problems.
LINEAR ALGEBRA: 1.Matrices(definition, types of matrices, matrix arithmetics, rank of a matrix, Gaussian elimination and systems of linear equations); 2. Determinants (definition, properties, Laplace expansion, the adjoint and inverse matrices, Cramer's rule and systems of linear equations). 3. Linear Programming
Continuous Assessment: written test (70%)(mínimum grade 6/20) and project with Microsoft Project (30%).
Final assessment: Closed-book summative test graded 0 to 20.
- Magalhães Hill, M. e Marques dos Santos, M. (2018). Investigação Operacional, Exercícios de Programação Linear. (Vol. 2). Potugal: Edições Sílabo
- Ferreira, M. e Amaral, I. (2020). Algebra Linear: Matrizes e Determinantes. (Vol. 1). Portugal: Edições Sílabo
- Strang, G. (2016). Introduction to Linear Algebra. USA: Wellesley-Cambridge Press
- Magalhães Hill , M. e Marques dos Santos, M. (2015). Investigação Operacional - Programação Linear. (Vol. 1). Portugal: Edições Sílabo
Lectures designed to introduce concepts and discuss their applications. Practical classes focusing on problem solving.
Software used in class