Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 14908/2014
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 22,50 T + 22,50 TP + 3,50 OT
- Flávio Rodrigues Fernandes Chaves
There is not. But it is recommended to know about Heat Transmission, Thermal Machines, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Management, investment project evaluation, technical solution analysis, primary and secondary energy consumption, energy saving. Energetic auditing Theoretical and practical skills in renewable energy production.
1. General Concepts
2. Thermal Power Plants with Boiler.
3. Thermal Power Plants with Chiller.
4. Water Systems.
5. Air Treatment Systems.
6. Photovoltaic and Solar Thermal Systems.
7. Air conditioning units and HVAC.
8. Control and use of natural light and artificial lighting.
9. Systems and components for energy consumers.
10. Energy audits
Assessment includes a closed-book theoretical/practical written test covering all subject matter, based on the handouts supplied and regulations as well as practical coursework.
Final grade= Written test (50%) + coursework (50%)
- Cabral, J. (2008). GESTÃO DA MANUTENÇÃO DE EQUIPAMENTOS, INSTALAÇÕES E EDIFÍCIOS. :
- Duffie, J. e Beckman, W. (2006). SOLAR ENGINEERING OF THERMAL PROCESSES. : John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Kalogirou, S. (2009). SOLAR ENERGY ENGINEERING: PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS. : Elsevier Inc
(2009). AUDITORIAS ENERGÉTICAS, A NOVA REGULAMENTAÇÃO E A SUA EXECUÇÃO. :
Teaching methods include mainly lectures but some of them focus on practical aspects of the subject matter complemented by coursework in energy auditing.
Software used in class
SCE; Dialux; Hourly Analysis Programm (HAP)