Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14312/2015 - 02/12/2015
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 TP + 3,50 OT
- Isabel Maria Duarte Pinheiro Nogueira
This course is organised into two parts:
- The first part (a follow-up of Applied Mechanics I) deals with static mechanics including analysis of external forces on structures and machines, friction and inertia.
- The second part deals with kinematics
1. Forces on beams, structures and machines
3. Moments of inertia
4. Kinematics of rigid bodies
5. Planar motion of rigid bodies
Two tests (50% + 50%) or exam (100% of final grade)
- Beer, F. e Johnston, R. (2011). Mecânica Vectorial para Engenheiros (Estática). Brasil: McGraw-Hill.
- Beer, F. e Johnston, R. (2012). Mecânica Vectorial para Engenheiros (Dinâmica). Brasil: McGraw Hill
- Beer, F. e Mazurek , D. e Johnston Jr., R. (2019). Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics and Dynamics, 12nd Edition. New York,: McGraw Hill
Lectures: expository / explanatory methodology where the program contents and their integration in the course are revealed.
Tutorials:resolution of exercises is carried out, favoring student interaction
Software used in class