Publication in the Diário da República: Registo Alteração R/Cr 295.1/2015 de 10-08-2018
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT , Cód. 602833.
a) Create surround mixes for film;
b) Create music and sound effects using virtual instruments;
c) Plan and develop a film sound project in group;
d) Match output specifications of the sound product to the creative/technical requirements of the project.
1. Advanced audio edit techniques;
2. Advanced audio processing techniques;
3. MIDI production;
4. Particle systems for sound design;
5. Advanced audio mixing techniques;
6. Sound design project management.
20% - Attendance and participation;
30% - Quiz
50% - Binaural Film soundtrack
30% - Technical report
70% - Binaural Film soundtrack
- Bartlett, B. (2008). Practical Recording Techniques. California: Focal Press
- Collins, N. (2009). Handmade Electronic Music. EUA: Routledge
- Cox, C. e Warner, D. (2004). Audio Culture, Readings in Modern Music. EUA: Continuum
- Sonnenschein, D. (2001). Sound Design. EUA: Michael Wiese Productions
A. Expository and demonstrative lectures and tutorials promoting self-directed learning.
B. Individual exercises involving the production and creation of sound tracks for films
C. Screening of film segments.
Software used in class