Publication in the Diário da República: Registo Alteração R/Cr 295.1/2015 de 10-08-2018
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 PL + 3,0 OT , Cód. 602829.
Good command of the English language.
a) Analise sound design projects using practical examples and scientific literature;
b) Plan Film Sound projects;
c) Develop Film Sound Projects;
d) Identify other areas where Sound Design is used.
1. Theory and concepts of Sound Design
2. Critical listening
3. Other uses for Sound Design
4. Sound Design technologies
5. Sound Design practices and techniques
6. The professional practice of a Sound Designer
20% - Attendance and participation in the proposed activities and exercises
30% - A1. Video Essay: analysing a movie
50% - A2. Practical work: produce the sound track for a film (group work)
40% - A1. Video Essay: analysing a movie.
60% - A2. Practical work: produce the sound track for a film.
- SONNENSCHEIN, D. (2001). Sound Design. Califórnia: Michael Wise Productions
- HOLMAN, T. (2010). Sound for Film and Television. : Focal Press
The adopted teaching and learning method is based on blended learning and flipped classroom, mixing online video conferencing and tutoring with pre recorded materials.
Software used in class