Publication in the Diário da República: Aviso de Registo nº R/Cr 55/2017 de 13-07-2017
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 15,0 TP , Cód. 639018.
Detailed learning objectives involve teaching the business models used and the
particularities of the industry with regard to marketing and commercialization. They also imply
teach the marketing and communication plan with the objective of promoting the digital game.
1. Introduction to Digital Game Marketing. Product segmentation and positioning.
2. Business models in the digital games industry.
3. "free-to-play". The dominant business model in the industry.
4. Fundamental strategies for acquisition, retention and monetization.
5. Differences between communication and marketing.
6. Communication Plan.
6.1. Parts of a Communication Plan.
6.2. Fairs. Presentations.
6.3. Databases of journalists and media. Press releases, interviews, stories
6.4. Social Networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Tuenti, etc.) and future trends (App, etc.).
6.5. Adwords and Facebook Advisor.
Continuous assessment that includes assignments in class (50%). Practical work (50%) with presentation and discussion (minimum score of ten). Exam: Written test (100%).
Teaching aims to promote the performance of short and medium-term jobs, as well as the exposure and application of concepts.
Software used in class