Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 TP , Cód. 929910.
These objectives are in line with the objectives of sustainable development: 8) decent work and economic growth and 9) industry, innovation and infrastructure.
1. Systems and Information Technologies and Human Resource Management (HRM)
Information systems (IS) in organizations
IS management and planning
Typical application modules of HRM
Employee Relationship Management (ERM)
2. Support Systems to organizational communication and collaborative environments
Communication and collaboration tools
Communities of practice
Database Management System (DBMS)
Operating systems and analytical systems
Data Warehouse systems (DW)
Features and architecture of a DW
The relational model to the dimensional model
Implementation models of DW
Use of DBMS for Web
4. Systems Business Intelligence (BI) for human resources
BI Architecture for Human resources
Analysis of BI data model for human resources
5. Lifelong Learning and Training
The online training and career development
IS and tools for eLearning
Creating courses for eLearning
6. The use of social media
Social Media Tools
Professional social networks.
Individual research assignment (100%).
- Kavanagh, M. e Thite, M. e Johnson, R. (2015). Human Resource Information Systems: Basics, Applications, and Future Directions. London: SAGE Publications
- Laudon, K. e Laudon, J. (2016). Management Information Systems. Harlow: Essex: Pearson
- Headworth, A. (2012). Social Media Recruitment. London: Kogan Page
- Bagdi, S. (2012). Practical Human Resource Information Systems. New Delhi: PHI
Teaching/learning methods involve theoretical presentations, problem-solving, demonstrations, discussions and tutorial guidance. The knowledge and skills acquired will be assessed through an individual research project.
Software used in class
Several software for for Human Resource Management.