Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9982/2016 - 05/08/2016
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 S + 2,0 OT , Cód. 338046.
- Ana Patrícia Bidarra dos Santos Lourenço
- Luís Filipe Raposo Pereira
- Fernando Sanchez Salvador
- Fernando Manuel Conceição Costa
- Fernando dos Santos Antunes
- António João de Carvalho da Cruz
- Carla Maria P. Calado Rodrigues do Rego
- Ricardo Pereira Triães
1. Describe and explain the relationships established between conservator-restorers and society
2. Describe and explain the relationships between C&R and other areas of knowledge
3. Describe and explain C&R as an area in evolution
1. Relations of conservator-restorers with other people who have an interest in Cultural Heritage
2. Relations of C&R with the other areas of knowledge
3. Challenges for C&R
Classes of compulsory attendance.
The evaluation is done in the final evaluation periods through written work on one of the topics covered and its oral presentation and discussion.
- Williams, E. (2014). The Public Face of Conservation. London: Archetype Publications
- Vadi, V. e Schneider, H. (2014). Art, Cultural Heritage and the Market. Ethical and Legal Issues. Berlin: Springer
- Richmond, A. e Bracker, A. (2009). Conservation. Principles, Dilemmas and Uncomfortable Truths. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Schädler-Saub, U. e Weyer, A. (2010). Theory and Practice in the Conservation of Modern and Contemporary Art: Reflections on the Roots and the Perspectives. London: Archetype Publications
Seminars with presentation of various topics by teachers or their guests and their discussion with students. Whenever possible, complex or polemic cases appearing in the media will be used for discussion.
Software used in class