Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9982/2016 - 05/08/2016
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT , Cód. 3380411.
- Miguel de Barros Serra Cabral de Moncada
Students should be able to understand and analyse the Art Market, know the theoretical and practical characteristics of the expertise and valuation of works of art and be able to collaborate in an expertise and valuation of works of art on topics related to their master's dissertations.
Program: PART 1 - I - Introduction: a) - Basic concepts; b) - Definitions; II - Art Market: General notions - 1 - Works of art ; 2 - Agents; 3 - 'Local'; 4 - Legislation; III - Expertise: a) - Expert; b) - Expertise activity; c) - Expert Report; IV - Valuation of works of art: 1 - Main Factor of valuation; 2 - Secondary Factors of valuation.
PART 2 - Basic concepts of expertise and evaluation in the artistic areas of: a) Painting; b) Sculpture; c) Jewelry; d) Furniture; e) Ceramic; f) Graphic documents; etc. Case studies.
The evaluation is done throught the valuation of a written work with 10 to 15 pages of text, to be delivered during the exam periods
It's approved who has a minimum final ranking of ten (10) values.
- MONCADA, M. Mercado de Arte. Tomar: Autor
- BOLL, D. (2011). Art for Sale - A Candid View of the Art Market. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz Verlag
- AA. , D. (2004). Marché de l'Art, l'Expert dans tous ses états - Actes du colloque. Paris: Université Paris-Dauphine
- AFONSO, L. e FERNANDES, A. (2019). Mercados da Arte. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
The program contents of the discipline are presented orally to the students systematically and are accompanied by the exhibition of power point.
Software used in class