Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 9184/2020 - 25/09/2020
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 PL + 28,0 TP , Cód. 814317.
- Vasco Renato Marques Gestosa da Silva
1.Understand the basic concepts of IS and other concepts such as Business Intelligence and Big Data, distinguishing OLTP and OLAP systems, knowing the evolution of IS over time and
understand the structure of data in different types of systems;
2.Acquire skills with analytical information systems - install and use tools for Business Intelligence (Power BI), obtain, transform and structure data from various sources, create
detailed reports and dashboards with data synthesis;
3.Develop enterprise apps with Power Apps, develop apps with
Mixed Reality and Artificial Intelligence. Creation and publication of Chatbots with Power Apps.
a) Concepts associated with SIO;
- OLTP/OLAP systems
- Analytical systems:
- BI and Big Data concepts;
- Data structure;
b) BI tools;
- Obtaining and transforming data from various sources;
- Data analysis and production of reports and dashboards with Power BI;
c) Organizational Apps with Power Apps.
- Organizational apps with Mixed Reality features (inclusion of digital elements
in physical space) and Artificial Intelligence (object detection, text recognition,
feeling, filling out forms, etc.).
- Creation and publication of Chatbots;
Assessment by frequency of the course consists of carrying out 3 assessment exercises (30%) and carrying out a final assessment project (70%). The final classification of the UC results from the weighted average of the various evaluation moments. The student passes the UC, being exempt from the Exam, in accordance with the provisions of Points 11 and 12 of Article 11 of the Academic Regulations of the IPT.
The assessment in exam/resource exam consists of carrying out a practical project (100%). The student obtains approval from the UC, in accordance with the provisions of Points 11 and 12, of Article 11, of the Academic Regulations of the IPT.
- Loudon, J. e Laudon, K. (2015). Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm. (Vol. 1). London: Pearson
- , . e Alturas, B. (2019). Introdução aos Sistemas de Informação Organizacionais (Vol. 1). (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- , . e Leung, T. (2017). Beginning Power Apss. (Vol. 1). London: Apress
Expository/Demonstrative and practical exercises.
Software used in class
Power BI Desktop, Power BI Online, Power BI Mobile, Power Apps, Teams, Microswoft Azure