Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8644/2020 - 08/09/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 56,0 PL , Cód. 911940.
- José Casimiro Nunes Pereira
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
1. Implement Web applications to access remote databases;
1.1 - Server side applications
1.2 - Client-side applications
2. Create APIs for REST applications
3. Apply security rules in web applications
4. Apply usability criteria to the interfaces;
1. Programming of dynamic Web interfaces, using ASP .NET Core MVC;
1.1 - what is a Web Application?
1.2 - Client-Server Architecture
1.3 - protocols TCP/IP + HTTP(S)
1.4 - the MVC pattern
1.5 - creation of web applications, using the ASP .NET Core MVC tool, to interact with remote databases
1.5.1 - specification of the data structure, in 'code-first' mode, implementing business-rules
1.5.2 - creation of interfaces for interaction with data
1.5.3 - implementation of validations of data provided by users
1.5.4 - creation of user accounts, to implement policies for authentication and authorization of access to data in the database
1.6 - presentation of usability notions
1.7 - presentation and implementation of security rules in web applications
2. API development, using ASP .NET Core MVC;
2.1 - What is an API?
2.2 - what is REST?
2.3 - API creation strategies
2.4 - API creation, using the ASP .NET Core MVC tool
3. Application development in React
3.1 - differences in the execution of a web application, on the Client side, of a web application, on the Server side
3.2 - creation of a web application, using the REACT tool
3.2.1 - creation of interfaces for interaction with data
3.2.2 - implementation of validations of data provided by users
3.3 - presentation of usability notions
3.4 - presentation and implementation of security rules in web applications
4. Use of the GIT code version control service
4.1 - project creation
4.2 - submission of works
4.3 - creation of branches
Development of two Web applications, accessing remote databases;
1. Development of Project 1 (CLIENT component)
1.1 - work developed in React, with specification of API: 20v max.
1.2 - work developed in React, without API specification: 15v max.
2. Development of Project 2 (SERVER component)
Final classification: weighted average of the classifications of Projects 1. and 2.
- Project 1: 60% final grade
- Project 2: 40% final grade
- Minimum grade in each project: 7.0 val
- Mozilla.org, .. (0). Recursos para programadores, por programadores.. Acedido em 15 de março de 2018 em https://developer.mozilla.org/pt-PT/
- Microsoft, .. (0). Web Development Courses. Acedido em 15 de março de 2018 em https://mva.microsoft.com/training-topics/web-development
- Microsoft, .. (0). ASP.NET. Acedido em 17 de março de 2022 em https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/apps/aspnet
- Practical Work;
- Development and monitoring of individual projects.
Software used in class
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019/2022
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code
- SQL Server Express
- others, that are going to be revealed during classes