Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8644/2020 - 08/09/2020
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 PL + 28,0 TP , Cód. 911932.
- José Manuel Palma Redes Ramos
A1. Describe the roles of Engineering and Technology in the evolution of Societies;
A2. Describe current technological levers for innovation in Societies;
B1. Describe the current state of ICT;
B2. Describe the ethical and human dimensions of Computer Engineering;
C1. Collecting sources of social and ethical discussion from a technological prospective;
C2. Elaborate critical opinion on social and ethical analyzes of technological prospective;
D1. Document social and ethical arguments about technological prospective;
D2. Present and defend social and ethical arguments about technological prospective.
1. The evolution of Societies, Industries, Computing and ICT;
2. Computer Engineering and the major areas of ICT;
3. ICT and innovation levers;
4. The ethical and human dimensions of Engineering;
5. Research on sources of social and ethical discussion about technological prospective;
6. Documentation and presentation of social and ethical arguments about technological prospective;
The evaluation focuses on the presentation and defense of three achievements:
a) Delivery of a written work with a prospective, ethical and strategic discussion on an innovative topic of ICT (50%);
b) Delivery of a sequence of slides (powerpoint or PDF) for presentation and defense of the topic of the written work (25%);
c) Oral presentation of the written work, using the sequence of slides referred to in b) (25%).
- Mack, C. (2018). How to Write a Good Scientific Paper. Bellingham, Washington: SPIE
- Fox, W. (0). FutureTimelineNet. Acedido em 25 de outubro de 2020 em http://www.futuretimeline.net
- Singularity Education Group DBA Futurism , . (0). Futurism | Science and Technology . Acedido em 25 de outubro de 2020 em http://www.futuretimeline.net
- QuantumRun, . (0). Exploring future trends. Acedido em 25 de outubro de 2020 em http://www.quantumrun.com
Learning takes place in theoretical-practical classes (objectives 1, 2, 3 and 4), in practical laboratory classes (objectives 4, 5 and 6) and in autonomous, weekly, training and implementation activities, supported by the e-learning Moodle.
Software used in class
MS Office Tools